10 Years of Big Room Planning
Previously given at
- Agile Leadership Day, September 2017
It’s becoming clear to most organisations working on a Team of Teams (or larger) scale that face to face mid-level planning is an incredibly powerful technique, and at some level, it is adopted into many methods that work at this scale.
This session draws on collective experience of a decade of experience at hundreds of organisations, demonstrating the value of BRP and making it work in practice.
This talk uses Rally’s long experience of Big Room Planning ceremonies to define
- why BRP is a powerful technique when working at Team of Teams
- how to make it work
- common failure modes
Following the session, participants will be able to
- Express BRP’s value and defend it from challenge when proposing to management
- Plan a BRP session and prepare for it
- Avoid common failure modes
While this method is very similar to the ceremony in SAFe, it is entirely consumable without buying the whole SAFe cake.