I had this as my mail signature for a long time. It’s too long to fit in a tweet, so, blogged.
- McGregor’s Theory of X:
- People are lazy and need close monitoring & tough carrot/stick management to make them work.
- McGregor’s Theory of Y:
- People are capable and curious with intrinsic motivation, given clear purpose & autonomy in achieving it.
- Burns’ Corollary (with acknowledgements to Henry Ford):
- Whichever you believe and look for as a manager of people, you will find to be correct.
Latest posts by Martin Burns (see all)
- Colocated Teams, Distributed Organisations - January 20, 2018
- Christmas Reading: 6 Books That Will Change Your Thinking - December 22, 2017
- Now Is Not The Time for #NoProjects - December 14, 2017