- To deliver the agreed scope of the project on time, on budget and to specification
- To co-ordinate the workstream leaders to deliver the project
- To gain sign-off from key stakeholders (including project sponsor)
- To proactively manage the project Risks, and ensure adequate response plans are in place and being followed
- To provide timely updates to the Project Board
- To ensure that estimates are Robust
- To ensure that requested changes are fully assessed for impact to time, budget & specification before implementation
- Detailed delivery plan
- Detailed costing for the delivery and regular commentary on variance in spend against forecast
- Detailed resource plan
- Risk Mitigation plan
- Weekly project status reports including progress against plan, issues & risks
Previously: Leader of software delivery portfolios in large scale orgs.
Specialism: Transforming complex delivery organisations to be more Lean/Agile.
Mindset: Continuous Improvement Obsessive
Latest posts by Martin Burns (see all)
Simple PM Role Description by Martin Burns is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.